- Conquering Your Financial Fears
- Gary Lang Auto Group App
- IF THEN SOMETHING ELSE Consulting Advise
How do I get more out of my employees?
OK it’s 2012 and we are zooming along a mile a minute. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tablets, Cell Phones, Laptops, Organize Your Outlook, you know just enough to get by and that seems just fine. NOT! Did your company upgrade everyone to Office 2010 with a pat on the back and "Good Luck"? It’s time to take an assessment of where your are in this technology world and where your staff is as well.
The economy is requiring all of us to buckle down, do more with less and try to con-tinue succeeding. I have trained many company employees who have used software for years but still only know the bare minimum. All kinds of employees from Admin-istrative to Finance to Engineering telling me "WOW I did not know the software could do that" or "Where were you 5 months ago when I needed you"?
The reward for me has always been watching someone light-up in class with that "I GET IT" look on their face. I can tell when they get it because then their questions turn more specific toward their job needs. It jazzes me to know that their work per-formance will be increased by a topic we covered in class.
Now is the time for all good managers to come to the aid of their company. Prepare your workers for being more productive. Provide your employees with the skills they need to be more efficient. If something an employee learns can knock an hour out of their daily work routine, then it gives them 5 more hours a week to accom-plish more.
Take the initiative and develop a training plan. IF THEN ELSE Consulting can help you assess where your employees are and provide you with the baseline informa-tion you need to direct your training budget in the right direction. Make your team stronger as they build their software knowledge.
It’s a NO BRAINER, Increased Knowledge = Increased Productivity
Brought to you by IF THEN ELSE Consulting Inc.
Introducing the Gary Lang App
McHenry, Illinois… Gary Lang Auto Group has just introduced the Gary Lang app for your smartphone. Whether you have an Android, iPhone or iPad, Gary Lang has an app for that!
The FREE app has all things Gary Lang, plus a VIN scanner, QR code scanner, parking lot meter, gas price finder and more tools based on customer input.
“We know how popular smart phones have become,” stated Dixie Gilmore, Vice President/General Manager, “and we want to make sure our customers can conveniently access our information and communicate with us.”
Gary Lang Auto Group is on Highway 31, between Crystal Lake and McHenry and has been serving McHenry County for over 29 years. The dealership group carries several makes, including Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Kia, Mitsubishi and Subaru. Website: http://www.GaryLangAuto.com.
High energy prices, terrorism and natural disasters are all enough to make Chicken Little look rational. With our penchant to view the future as a continuation of the past, it’s no surprise that many Americans fear another 1920s-style depression or worse.
By investing in a wide-variety of investment vehicles, you can help increase the chances that if one major world economy starts to sputter, you’re gaining in another one that is booming. For those in retirement, where income distribution is so important, having a strategy that generates income in good times and bad is critical.
Many of us fear the worse on a consistent basis, and we all face risks every day. The real task is rooting out which financial fears can be controlled and then working with your financial professional to minimize your risk.
Is your air conditioning system ready to take the heat?
By Kurt Olszewski, Vice President of JNL Climate Control, Inc.
An Air Conditioner is a long-term, expensive fixture that requires service. Like anything else, it’s very important to maintain it. Doing so will allow your equipment to run at its best all season long as well as maximize the number of dependable years you can expect from your equipment. Over time, these simple steps will save you money – and in today’s uncertain economic climate, who doesn’t want to do that? An annual precision tune-up on your air conditioner can keep it operating safely and efficiently, providing you with the following benefits:
- Less equipment breakdowns – 90% of emergency service calls are due to lack of maintenance;
- Lower cost of operation – Clean equipment can save an average of up to 30% yearly on your utility bill;
- Keeps your warranty valid with proper annual maintenance – Warranties do not cover repairs and or service due to a lack of maintenance;
- Peace of mind – priceless!
Additionally, the tips listed below will help keep your energy costs down, and your equipment up and running:
- Be sure to check and change the filter on your furnace each month—even in the summer months! Are you aware that the fan on your system actually runs faster in the summer months than in the heat mode of the winter? Replacing your filter each month will ensure proper air flow and in the long run a more efficient cooling system. A qualified service technician can inform you what type of filter your system uses and how to care for it;
- Check your outside air conditioning equipment to make sure nothing is impeding proper air flow such as landscaping, wood piles, mulch, etc. Again, proper air flow is paramount to keeping the system working at it’s optimum level;
- Replace an old mercury thermostat with a new programmable thermostat. This change alone will allow for more precise temperature control within your home, and in the long-run save on your energy bills;
- Keep drapes and blinds drawn on extremely hot, sunny days;
- If your system requires service, make certain that only qualified, NATE Certified Technicians service it.
Please contact me at (847)358-2251 if you have any questions regarding these energy tips or visit us on the web at www.jnlclimatecontrol.com.