Store Associate – Key Holder
The Part-Time Store Associate – Key Holder opens and closes a retail store in the absence of
the Store Manager. Provides store supervisions, oversight and directly assist customers and
ensures store appearance meets expectations. Completes sales transactions and operates cash
registers or credit/debit machinery. Responsible for POS transactions, merchandise handling,
stock processing, and stockroom organization. Receives, stores, and replenishes sales floor
merchandise and stocks merchandise.
• Performs various sales and register transactions including tendering purchases,
processing of cash or credit payments, counting money and customer service.
• Maintains an awareness of customer and business needs to both increase service levels
and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and
exchanges, and security practices.
• Greets and assists customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a
professional and timely manner; resolves customer questions/concerns. keeps abreast
of guiding principles and POS system changes.
• Accurately enter all receiving/shipping/transfer documents into computer system,
reconciles merchandise invoices to items received/shipped and transferred as applicable
for accurate inventory.
• Completes all store opening and closing procedures accurately as needed. Assists with
daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and
outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist store managers with outside sales calls when necessary. Ensure all pages and
calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• 1 to 3 years prior retail or customer service background (preferred)
• Great communication skills
• Basic understanding of PC applications using MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Ability to work Saturday from 9am to 2pm (every other week)